Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cutting Out Trans Fat, And The Foods That Contain It

I find this interesting. Starbucks is the latest on an ever growing list of food places to remove trans fat entirely from their menus, although they've only done it with half the chain so far.

Today, my HR rep told me that she went into Starbucks this morning to order her favorite pastry and they no longer carry it. It was one of the foods that contained trans fat.

So apparently, until they figure out how to make it and still have it taste good without the trans fat, they've just removed it from the menu altogether. I don't eat at any of these places that have all of these foods with high trans fat content so I really have no idea how it's been affecting them as they decide to get rid of it, but now I'm wondering just how many products have been removed from menus because of this.

It seems that these places can't get the trans fat off of their menus fast enough, even if it means sacrificing the products that people love, regardless of the fact that it contains trans fat.

To me, that is just funny stuff.

No comments: