Sunday, January 07, 2007

Blue-Footed Booby

I’m sitting here doing some stuff on the computer, Penny’s gone to bed, but she left the TV on. I can’t see it from where I’m sitting, and although I can hear it, I’m not really listening to it, so I have no idea what’s going on except that there seems to be some kind of documentary on and the narrator has a British accent. Whatever this documentary is, the narrator sounds very serious, except for the fact that about every 4th or 5th word out of his mouth is “boobies”.

After a while I had to get up and find out what the hell was going on. The documentary is called “Equator” and it’s about the Galapagos Islands and some of the species that inhabit them. They’re currently following a flock of birds that are known as the Blue-Footed Booby, but the narrator has just shortened it to “boobies”.

You've got to be kidding right? Someone actually put together a documentary that they expect to be taken seriously, and then went out and got a guy with a British accent to keep saying "boobies"?

No comments: