Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Checks

On my home today I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. The woman in front of me paid by check. I had to wait for her to get out her checkbook, write the check, and hand it to the cashier who then had to go through all of the processing bullshit that comes along with writing a check.

I don't understand. I know checks still have their place in society. You still can't pay every bill online and there are still people out there who aren't online. There are times when you need to give someone money and you're better off writing a check than giving them cash.

But pulling out a checkbook in any kind of retail store is completely incomprehensible to me. If you've got a checkbook then you've got a checking account, and if you've got a checking account then you've got access to a debit card, and if you've got access to a debit card, why the fuck aren't you using it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes you want to tell those people to, "Check off!"

It will also let you know if they are a Star Trek fan or not.

-CC

Bob said...

If they have a Star Trek checkbook, they could just as easily have a Star Trek debit card.