Friday, April 28, 2006

Keeping It All In Perspective

Exxon Mobile Corp has made 8.4 billion dollars in the first quarter of this year. That’s so much damn money that it’s easier to write out “8.4 billion” then to try to figure out how many zeros that is.

I’m paying more for gas right now (almost $3.00 a gallon) then I’ve ever paid in my life (as is everyone else), and the world's largest oil company just pulled in the fifth highest quarterly profit for any public company in history. I just don’t know what to make of that.

I do know this though; it’s been quite some time since anyone has complained to me that they pay too much for their cable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pay too much for my cable.

Comcast gets $115 a month for my basic digital + standard HD channels + internet. That's a lot. No movie channels, just the bare minimum I need to get the Red Sox and ESPN HD.

Can I do it any cheaper?